Many of us wish we could lose body fat, whether in our stomachs, arms, or thighs. Many people want to reduce the fat around their necks, cheeks, and chins to improve their appearance. There are many slimming devices and straps on the market, but they don’t work if you want to lose body fat. Many strategies will help you lose face fat and make your face look slimmer by reducing it.
Things You Need to Know
- You can do facial exercises like smiling, puffing your eyes, and puckering your lips.
- Cardio exercises are a great way to lose weight.
- To feel full, eat a balanced, healthy diet with lots of fibre.
- To keep your body healthy, get at least 8 hours of sleep and prevent any puffiness or bloating in your face.
1. Do facial exercises daily.
- Doing facial exercises will help to strengthen your facial muscles and burn face fat. Research shows that facial exercises for 30 minutes per day can dramatically improve your appearance and reduce puffiness.  You can set a timer on the phone and then do facial exercises such as taking a deep breath and keeping your cheeks open. Next, push it to the opposite cheek.
- Smile exercise: Smile and clench your teeth for several seconds without blinking. Next, pucker your lips. Repeat. Repeat this process on one side and switch sides.
- For 5 seconds, do the puckering exercise. Keep the ruffle to your right and then switch to your left side.
2. You can add cardio to your workout routine.
Excess body fat is often the cause of extra fat on your face.
Weight loss can help you slim down and improve your appearance.
Cardio exercise is any activity that increases your heartbeat. It is widely believed to be a very effective way to lose weight.
A study showed that women who are obese lose more fat when they exercise more ( 6Trusted Source).
Running, walking, biking and swimming are all common cardio exercises.
3. Get more water
Hydration is vital for your overall health. It can also be very important if you are trying to lose facial fat.
Research suggests that water can help you feel fuller and increase weight loss.
One small study found that drinking water before a meal reduced the number of calories consumed ( 7Trusted Source).
4. Limit alcohol consumption
While enjoying a glass of wine with dinner can be enjoyable, excessive alcohol consumption can lead to fat accumulation and bloating.
Alcohol is mostly low in calories.
It can also be used as a diuretic, increasing urine production. This can cause dehydration or water retention ( 10).
Research suggests that alcohol may influence certain hormones that control hunger and appetite. It may also reduce levels of leptin (11Trusted Source).
The current Dietary Guidelines For Americans define moderate drinking as two or more daily drinks for men and one for women ( 14Trusted Source).
5. Reduce refined carb intake
Common causes of weight gain and increased fat storage are foods containing refined carbohydrates, such as cookies, crackers and pasta.
These carbs are heavily processed, which takes away their nutrients and fibre.
Your body quickly digests them because they are very low in fibre. This can cause spikes and crashes of blood sugar and increase your likelihood of overeating ( 15Trusted Source).
A study of 277 women found that an increased intake of refined carbohydrates was associated with higher obesity risk and higher levels of belly fat ( 16Trusted Source).
No studies have directly examined the effects of refined carbs on facial fat. Replacing refined carbs with the whole grain can help to increase overall weight loss and may even aid in facial fat loss ( 17Trusted Source).
6. Get enough sleep
It is important to get enough sleep. You may lose facial fat.
A rise in the stress hormone cortisol can be caused by sleep deprivation. A long list of side effects can be caused by high cortisol levels, including weight gain ( 18Trusted Source).
Additionally, getting more sleep could help you lose extra weight.
One study showed that higher sleep quality was linked to successful weight loss ( 21TrustedSource).
Getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night is a good idea to aid in weight management and fat loss.
7. Watch your sodium intake.
Table salt is the main source of sodium in most people’s diets. It can be added to food using a shaker or consumed as part of premade, processed, and sauces.
Bloating is one of the most common symptoms of excessive sodium intake. This can lead to facial puffiness or swelling.
This is because sodium causes your body to hold onto extra water — it’s called fluid retention ( 24-Trusted Source).
Processed food accounts for more than 75% of sodium intake in an average diet. This means that cutting out convenience foods and savoury snacks can help to lower sodium intake ( 27Trusted Source).
Your face may appear slimmer if you reduce your sodium intake.
8. Get more fibre
Increasing fibre intake is one of the best ways to slim your face and lose cheek fat.
Fibre is a plant food substance that your body doesn’t absorb after consumption. It moves slowly through the digestive tract and keeps you fuller and longer. This can curb your cravings and reduce your appetite ( 28Trusted Source).
One study of 345 obese people found that higher fibre intake was associated with weight loss. It also helped people to stick to a low-calorie diet ( 29Trusted Source).
Another review of 62 studies found that increasing soluble fibre intake could reduce body weight and waist circumference (30 Trusted Source).
Soluble fibre is a type of fibre that forms a gel when mixed with water. Beta-glucan is a common type of soluble fibre found in diets. It can be found in oatmeal, barley and other cereals.
A range of foods is rich in fibre, including fruits, vegetables and whole grains, as well as seeds, whole grains, legumes, and nuts.
You should aim for at least 25-38g of fibre daily from these food sources ( 31Trusted Source).
9. Reduce sodium intake
- Bloating can cause swelling, which can make your skin appear puffy. Salt is the most common source of sodium, but sodium can also be found in many pre-packaged and processed foods.  Do it! Stick to low-sodium diets, Avoid processed foods and cut out pre-packaged meals. Try to limit sodium intake to 2300 mg daily, which is approximately one teaspoon of table salt.
10. Lower your stress levels.
- Your body may find it difficult to lose weight if you are stressed. Your body will go into survival mode if you are constantly stressed. It will hold onto the fat in the food you eat.  Do your best to relax when you feel stressed. Meditation is a good practice; doing yoga Or Self-care is important. Talking to a professional in mental health can help you if you feel constantly stressed. They can help identify stressors and provide coping strategies to reduce stress.